Our events are scheduled on a rolling basis, where possible three months ahead. We try to put out the discussion notes (where relevant) at least a week in advance of the meeting. You can book the next upcoming event(s) on the Meetup page.
The Situationist International – 6 October 2014
IDEAS FOR FUTURE EVENTS
These are just a few of the ideas we have; we are open to suggestions as well as to people who would like to propose their own events (occasional or more regular), provided they are within the scope and spirit of the group. Also feel free to drop me a line if you have a particular interest in any of these topics, could contribute to discussion notes etc.
- Visit to Paris, tour of famous salons, cafés littéraires, cafés philosophiques…
- Governing without idealogy: Spinoza’s political philosophy
- Are morals innate? Nietzsche’s Genealogy
- The linguistic turn in the social sciences : Wittgenstein and his followers
- The Object of Love : from Plato to Freud
- Symbolic interactionism
- Money and social exchange
- The role of the media in politics
- New political movements
- Political islam
- Esthetics and the economy of cultural goods
- Renegade history
- Who speaks for African Americans?
- Psychoneuroimmunology: mind over body?
- The sociology of intelligent conversation, 7 April 2014
- Democracy and its discontents, 28 April 2014
- What should we eat? The science, ethics and esthetics of food and nutrition, 19 May 2014
- Privacy and freedom in the information age, 16 June 2014